Before your next surgery, you might want to stock up on a fruity tea. The Doctors discuss the possible therapeutic benefits to drinking tea made from the skin of pineapples, which contains the enzyme bromelain which contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bruising properties. Dermatologist expert Dr. Sonia Batra says she tells her patient to drink this after getting injections.
To make this pineapple tea, follow these steps:
- Scrub the outer pineapple skins
- Boil the scrubbed skins in water
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, and ginger to taste
- Also, add additional fruit to naturally sweeten the tea
- Serve the tea hot or cold
Plus, we share how pineapples may help treat a cough, along with possibly helping to brighten your teeth.