Try this healthy alternative to carb-heavy pasta! Note: You will need a spiral cutter for this recipe.
• 3 medium zucchini
• 1/2 cup store-bought pesto
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained
• 2 large portobello mushrooms, diced
• 1 lb. trimmed asparagus, chopped into 1-1.25 inch pieces
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cut off ends of zucchinis and put through spiralizer, making noodles. Put aside.
2. In a saute pan, add olive oil. Once hot, add onions and saute until golden.
3. Add garlic, sundried tomatoes and asparagus, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender but firm.
4. Add zucchini noodles to pan and combine ingredients. Heat 4-5 minutes, or until zucchini is slightly cooked through.
5. Pour veggies into serving dish. Pour in pesto and combine.
Optional: Top with parmesan