"MasterChef Junior" star Jimmy Warshawsky shares his healthy and delicious recipe for a veggie-based pizza!
For the crust:
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the toppings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 8 ounces chicken or turkey sausage of your choice, sliced and sauteed
- 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the grated zucchini in a mixing bowl, sprinkle with coarse salt, and let sit for 15 minutes. Then squeeze out all the water that is rendered with a paper towel.
- Mix the zucchini, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper, then press the mixture in round circles onto a baking mat or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Drizzle crust with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Top crust with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and chicken sausage, and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Before serving, add fresh basil and enjoy!
Source: Chef Jimmy Warshawsky