Creamy Vegan Alfredo Linguine with Garlicky Spinach and Crispy Tofu Recipe by Jacque Reid
- 1 box of your choice
- olive oil
- 1 pack organic, extra firm
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic powder taste
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley
- fresh 3 cups spinach
- minced garlic 2 cloves
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of cashews raw, no salt soaked in hot water for 20 min
- 1 shallot
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp pepper, or to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup creamy vegan milk (add more as needed)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese (or more)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Follow directions of your fav vegan boxed pasta. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat 2 tbsp on olive oil in skillet
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add to skillet.
- Saute for 2 min on medium heat until slightly browned
- Add 3 cups of fresh spinach. Stir until cooked to your liking and set aside and keep warm
- Drain water from tofu (because it cooks better). Gently squeeze between paper towels or get a tofu press and slice tofu into cubes
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in large skillet and add tofu, salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste. Flip pieces to get even cooking. Cook until crispy then set aside and keep warm.
- Soak cashews in hot water for 20 min. Heat 2 tbsp of vegan butter in a skillet. Mince 4 garlic cloves and shallot, add to butter in skillet and saute.
- Drain cashews and add to blender. Add vegan parm cheese, lemon juice, vegan milk, and nutritional yeast. Blend all until creamy.
- Transfer mixture to a sauce pan and heat on low heat and add salt and pepper to taste, oregano, extra vegan milk or water to thin out if need. Cook until hot and at your desired consistency and flavor.
- Place pasta in a bowl and add desired amount of sauce. Top with spinach and tofu.