The Strongman Smoothie
- 2 whole ripe bananas
- 2 cups of unsweetened Silk soy milk
- 6 tbsp plain peanut butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Plant Power Scramble
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut small bite size
- 1 block of tofu (extra-firm) broken up by hand
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt or regular kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Optional: vegetable additions, whole grain tortillas, favorite salsa, avocado, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC
- Bring a small sauce pot of water to boil (for blanching cauliflower). Once the water has come to a boil, boil the cauliflower for 2 minutes, then strain and set aside
- In a large bowl, break up the firm tofu with your hands into small to medium size chunks. Add the cauliflower to a bowl. Add seasonings of choice and lightly mix all ingredients together
- 4. Heat an oven safe skillet on medium-high heat and add the olive oil (optional) and onions. Stir for a few minutes until the onions are translucent and aromatic
- Add the scramble mixture. Saute for a couple of minutes stirring often, and finish in the oven for 3-5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite accompaniments.
Tip: Try using the scramble to make breakfast tacos with beans and baby spinach for a protein packed variation. Add 2 handfuls of baby spinach for the added vegetables and 1 Cup of black beans for even more protein. Finish with a handful of fresh coriander or parsley, some nutritional yeast or plant-based cheese to boost indulgence level.
Recipes courtesy of Patrik Baboumian