Oatmeal and Almond Crust Pizza
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Almonds
- Baby Arugula
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 Pear
- 1 Sweet Onion
- Balsamic Glaze
- Dried Oregano
- First add two cups of filtered water to a pan and bring to a boil. Next, add 1/2 cup of oats to the boiling water and cover cooking on low until the oats absorb the water.
- Next add the almonds to the blender with 1/4 cup filtered water and blend until you have almond butter. Then, add the almond butter to the pan with the cooked oats and stir until they’re blended together.
- Take the oatmeal almond batter and spread into a thin pizza shape on a sheet of parchment paper. Add the crust to the oven at 450 degrees and bake until it becomes crispy.
- Next, add your head of garlic into the oven to bake alongside your pizza crust.
- Now, take your diced tomatoes and add them to a blender with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and fresh basil. Pulse in the blender until you get a smooth tomato sauce.
- Once the pizza crust is finished, spread the tomato sauce on top. Next, peel and chop your roasted garlic and add that to the pizza along with fresh basil leaves, 2 sliced Roma tomatoes, 1/4 sliced sweet onion, and 1/2 sliced pear.
- Then add back into the over and back for another few minutes. Once finished, remove from the oven top with fresh arugula, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Slice and enjoy!
Beet and Taro Chip Nachos
- 1 Taro Root
- 3 Golden Beets
- Black beans
- 2 Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cilantro
- Sea Salt
- Start by peeling the Taro root and Golden beets. Then, slice them into thin chips and add them to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add some salt to the chips them bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until the chips become crispy.
- Next, add a can of black beans to a pot with salt and pepper. Cook on low heat and stir to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Then peel and slice your avocado. Add the avocado to a bowl with 1/4 of a diced sweet onion, 1/2 of a diced jalapeño, and 1/8th cup chopped cilantro. Then squeeze half of a lime into the bowl along with a pinch of sea salt. Next, mix the bowl with a fork to get a chunky guacamole. Set this aside for later.
- Now, dice your vine tomatoes and add them to a bowl with 1/4 of a diced sweet onion, 1/2 of a diced jalapeño and 1/8th cup chopped cilantro. Then, squeeze half of a lime into the bowl along with a pinch of sea salt. Next use a fork to stir the tomatoes to get a chunky Pico de Gallo.
- Place your Taro and Beet chips on a plate and top them with your warm black beans a scoop of guacamole and a scoop of Pico de Gallo. Garnish with a little fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Recipes courtesy of Marley Ficalora.