The Pizza Omelet
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup white/red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce heated
- Dash of dried basil (or chopped fresh)
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- Coat a small skillet with the olive oil cooking spray.
- Sauté vegetables until they are soft; drain mushroom liquid if desired.
- Scramble eggs in a glass bowl and pour over the vegetables.
- Stir slowly while cooking.
- Flip and cook to desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and top with tomato sauce, basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Place under the broiler of oven or toaster oven until cheese melts.
Recipe courtesy of "Lose Your Belly Diet: Change Your Gut, Change Your Life"