Are you packing on pounds after trying too many of those decadent recipes you see on cooking shows? Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien shows you how you can lighten up some of your favorite gourmet recipes, including these pretzel-mustard-crusted pork tenderloin sliders.
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- One 1 pound raw pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped bread-and-butter pickles, plus 24 whole slices
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 12 slider rolls, bottom halves only
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a wide bowl, combine crushed pretzels, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- In another wide bowl, mix egg whites with mustard. Whisk until mostly uniform.
- Cut pork tenderloin crosswise into 12 even pieces about 3/4-inch thick. Pound until about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick.
- One at a time, dunk cutlets in egg mixture, shake to remove excess and coat with crumbs.
- Evenly lay cutlets on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip cutlets. Bake until outside is crispy and inside is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayo, chopped pickles, horseradish and hot sauce. Toast bottom halves of slider rolls.
- Place one piece of pork over each slider half. Top with sauce, pickle slices and lettuce leaves.
- Makes 12 servings
- One serving (1 slider): 165 calories, 4g fat, 421mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 12g protein
Source: The Hungry Girl