- 2 large European Cucumbers, cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup of Hummus
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- Scoop the seeds out of the Cucumber with a spoon without cutting the bottom
- You should be left with a small cucumber cup
- Fill each cucumber round with hummus
- Place 1 piece of diced pepper on top of each for decoration
- 3 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- Salt and Black pepper
- 1 medium onion, dices
- 8 oz ground Lamb
- 1 cup of tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the flesh side of the eggplants with oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place Oiled side down in a large roasting pan. Roast for 25 minutes, or until softened. Let cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F
- Meanwhile, warm 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium-low heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring. Stir in the lamb, tomato sauce, cooked rice, parsley, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring to break up the meat.
- Carefully scoop out about half of the insides of the roasted eggplants; dice the insides and add to the skillet and stir. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out eggplants. Return the eggplant boats to the same roasting pan, filled side up. Cover the pan tightly with foil and roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the eggplants are soft and the filling is hot.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus additional for the bread
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (From 1 Lemon)
- Salt and Black pepper
- 1 Baguette, Gluten Free if desired, cut into slices
- 1/2 Cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup (1 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Warm the 2 tea-spoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the baguette lightly with oil; broil until golden.
- Spread the ricotta on the toasts and top with the zucchini mixture. Top with feta; broil until the cheese is bubbling.
Recipes courtesy of "The EveryGirl’s Guide to Cooking" by Maria Menounos, who has partnered with Rally Health as a health ambassador.