• 4 cups of almond milk
• 2 cinnamon sticks (split lengthwise), or cinnamon powder
(season to taste)
• 2 oz. of dark chocolate chips
• 6 tsp. of honey (adjust to taste)
• 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (adjust to taste)
• Microwave chocolate chips until soft, add to 2-quart pot or
• Gently heat the almond milk, honey, cinnamon, chocolate chips
and vanilla until bubbles start to form.
• Remove from heat and add the cacao, mixing thoroughly with a whisk.
• Return to heat, frothing the mixture vigorously with the whisk
to create a thick foam, until the mixture is about to boil.
• Remove from heat.
• To thicken further, let cool and heat once more.
• Pour hot cocoa into individual mugs and serve immediately.