The Doctors share a recipe for a healthy, high-fiber smoothie that may help lower harmful LDL cholesterol levels.
- 6 oz. orange juice + 6 oz. water
- Provides the heart-healthy benefits of orange juice without the excess sugar.
- If you’re diabetic, opt for unsweetened almond milk or fortified rice milk.
- ½ apple, sliced or cubed
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup organic oats
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Serve immediately.