Cast-Iron Carrots, Mint, Almonds and Honey
- 1 Bunch/1 Pound Organic Whole Carrots, Clean and ½ Inch Green Top Left On
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1/4 cup toasted and crushed Almonds
- Splash of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pre-Heat Cast Iron Pan on High Heat.
- Add oil, then add Carrots and sauté until the tips and edges of the carrots are charred, 2-3 Minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add Garlic until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add Salt, and Honey. Stir to combine well, and cover with lid.
- Cook until fork-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Finish with a squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice, mint and crushed Almonds.
Chayote Squash with Jalapeno, fresh Herbs & Sesame Seeds
- 2 whole Chayote Squash, peeled and cut lengthwise into wedges, roughly 16/squash
- Oregano, fresh
- Cilantro, fresh
- Thyme, fresh
- Extra virgin Avocado Oil
- 1-2 tsp Jalapeno seasoning
- 2 T toasted Sesame seeds (if you are using pre-toasted, I suggest giving them a quick warm up in a hot pan for 10-20 seconds).
- In briskly boiling salted water blanch Chayote for 3 minutes +/- (I prefer crunchy Chayote over soft).
- Strain and place Chayote in the dish you plan to serve in.
- From here on out this dish is all about end user freedom and preference.
- Drizzle with Avocado Oil, add leaves of fresh picked herbs, Jalapeno seasoning and toasted Sesame seeds.
Courtesy of - Chef Eduardo Garcia, Montana Mex