"MasterChef Junior" star Jimmy Warshawsky shares a delicious recipe for a healthy alternative to delivery pizza!
For the crust:
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes (enough to yield 1 cup of mashed potatoes)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the toppings:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup Canadian bacon or cooked ham, sliced or chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into quarters, add to boiling water, turn down to a simmer, and boil them for 20 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the flesh.
- Drain potatoes from the water and mash well in a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of your sweet potato mash, almond flour, baking soda, Italian seasoning, and salt to a large bowl. Knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and press out the dough to a large circle. The dough should be about half an inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the edges of the dough are slightly browned.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and top with the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pineapple and ham or Canadian bacon. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Source: Chef Jimmy Warshawsky