Try this healthy alternative to store-bought snack chips! Note: You will need a dehydrator for this recipe.
• 3 large sweet potatoes
• 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 cup agave
1. Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly and dry. Remove any blemishes or spoiled spots.
2. Slice sweet potatoes so that they are 6mm or 1/4-inch pieces.
3. If you wish, you can pretreat vegetables to help retain color, extend shelf life and enhance nutritional value. Pretreat vegetables by blanching: Place a small amount of water in a shallow, microwave-safe cooking dish. Add vegetables to dish. Refer to your microwave instructions for cooking times. Use only 1/4 of the time suggested. Plunge vegetables into ice cold water. Drain. Place vegetables on paper towels and pat dry.
4. Arrange food on dehydrator trays. Slices should not overlap.
5. Cook for 12 hours in dehydrator. Begin to check on food before dehydration time is complete.
1. Combine greek yogurt, cinnamon and agave in a dish and serve.