Watch as chef Steph prepares her Spinach Basil Bucatini.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups blended oil (Any type that has 25 percent or less olive oil)
- 10 oz package fresh spinach
- leaves from about 1 small bunch of basil
- About 20 cloves garlic (adjust if cloves are real big or real small)
- 4 oz pignoli nuts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix everything in a food processor or blender for a couple of minutes until chopped small and into a paste. Put all ingredients into a plastic container that has a cover
- Rinse processor or blender with about 4 oz of blended oil and then put on top of pesto mixture and Refrigerate. This is for 1lb of pasta. Preferably bucatini, but if you want to use a tube pasta, use penne rigate or orecchiette
Pasta sauce ingredients
- In a very large frying pan add about (4) 8 oz ladles of chicken stock, base or broth.
- 4 oz Heavy cream
- 1/8 stick of butter
- 2 1/2 large serving spoons of the pesto mix (can add more if you like a stronger pesto taste)
Pasta sauce instructions
- Bring to a boil until mixture starts to thicken, then add pasta and large hand full of grated cheese.
- Reduce sauce down so it absorbs into the pasta. Can also top with fresh shaved parmigiana cheese or fresh tomatoes (season with salt pepper and olive oil)
Recipe courtesy of chef Steph.