The Hungry Girl Lisa Lillian shares a recipe for Snack-tastic Butternut Fries.
- 6 ounces peeled butternut squash, cut into French-fry-shaped spears (preferably with a crinkle cutter)
- Dash of coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Thoroughly pat dry the squash spears. Lay them on the sheet, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip spears and bake until mostly tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 6 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup for dipping!
Makes one serving.
- Choose a squash that’s mostly long and narrow with a short round section. The round part is hollow and full of seeds; the long section is solid squash, perfect for cutting into spears.
- If the squash is too firm to cut, pop it in the microwave for a minute to soften it.
96 calories, <0.5g fat, 294mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 1.5g protein