The Doctors’ Sleek-Stomach Smoothie recipe uses healthy fats, such as almond butter and avocados. Research shows those who drink thick smoothies feel fuller longer and eat fewer calories than those who drink thinner smoothies.
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 banana, which adds potassium that helps your body balance sodium and reduce bloating
• 1/2 avocado, which adds creaminess and richness
• 1 heaping teaspoon of almond butter, which is a monounsaturated fatty acid and helps reduce belly fat
• 1 tablespoon of raw cacao, which is packed with antioxidants and is sugar-free
• 3 dates, which add sweetness but are lower on the glycemic index than honey or sugar
• Ice, to desired thickness
1. Blend and enjoy!