Enjoy this fresh and healthy snack dip today! Note: You will need a preserving kit for this recipe.
• 3 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced, seeded, peeled and cored (about 2 1/2 lbs. or 8 medium-sized)
• 3 green onions, sliced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 2 drops hot pepper sauce
• 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 (16 oz.) pints or 4 (8 oz.) half-pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
3. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim, center hot lid on jar, and apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
5. Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.