Yum Woon Sen
- 8 ounces Shiratake noodle, rinse and drain
- 4 ounces ground chicken or pork or your favorite mushrooms
- 4 shrimp, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups of mixed greens (purple cabbage, Napa cabbage, spring mix, romaine lettuce), chopped
- ½ medium carrot, shredded
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 4 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 sprig of mint, chopped, leaves only
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce or white soy
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 to 4 fresh Thai chilies, chopped
- Heat ½ inch of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. When water boils, crumble chicken or pork into the pan. Break up with the back of a spoon. Stir and cook until done, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cooked completely. Remove with a Chinese strainer. Set aside to drain and cool.
- Boil a pot of water to cover the noodles and cook for 2 minutes, strained and add to the bowl with the proteins.
- For the Dressing: Combine fish sauce or white soy, lime juice, sugar and Thai chillies; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Combine noodles, chicken, pork or mushrooms, shrimp and dressing in a big bowl. Add mixed greens, shallot, scallion, cilantro, mint, tomatoes and peanuts and toss again. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Nikky Phinyawatana.