Rev up your romance at home with this simple, libido-boosting recipe!
Lemon-caper vinaigrette dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caper brine (from caper jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup capers
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumble goat cheese
- 12 thin slices lox
- Take all the dressing ingredients and mix together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Combine the arugula, capers, and cannellini beans in a large bowl, and toss with half of the vinaigrette.
- Add the goat cheese and salmon on top of the salad.
- The extra dressing can be served on the side or saved for later.
Arugula has long been considered an arousal aid, and its high levels of antioxidants and minerals are essential for your overall health.
Lox is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which not only improve your cardiovascular health but also lower triglycerides, increase dopamine production and reduce your risk of depression.
Cannellini beans metabolize slowly, providing a steady source of energy for hours.
Chevre (goat cheese) is an excellent source of calcium, which helps boost metabolism and strengthen bones. Plus, a lack of calcium can result in decreased energy and sex drive. Chevre also contains moderate levels of probiotics, which help maintain a strong immune system.
Sources: Shape.com, Livestrong, Health