Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1-1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic olive oil
- 2 cups diced mixed mushrooms (cremini, shiitake and white button are great)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (or 3 cloves finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Few sprigs of flat parsley, chopped
- Few sprigs of thyme, picked
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cauliflower, coconut milk, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 8 minutes, until cauliflower is softened. Then, puree in your blender.
- Meanwhile, add oil, mushrooms, diced onion, nutritional yeast and herbs to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat over high heat until onions are translucent and beginning to brown, about 5-8 minutes. Add pureed cauliflower mixture to sauteed mushrooms. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
BV Busting Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla rice protein powder (whey can increase your insulin response)
- 1 tablespoon diatomaceous earth (WARNING: It MUST be food grade or it can be toxic!)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (low in the glycemic index to not spike our blood sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend and enjoy.
Cold & Flu Shot
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup juiced ginger
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- 2 shakes cayenne
- Mix altogether and let sit ideally overnight so flavors can blend together.
- Pour into a shot glass when ready and take one ounce per day.
Source: Melissa Ramos of Sexy Food Therapy