The Doctors share a secret recipe that could help boost your performance in the bedroom!
Yields 3-3½ cups
• 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
• 1 14-ounce can pureed tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ½ medium-sized onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed, finely chopped (set aside a few extra basil leaves for garnish)
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 large handfuls fresh spinach, roughly chopped
• ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
• Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a blender (add spices last).
• Secure blender lid and puree until sauce reaches desired consistency.
• Transfer ingredients into a medium-sized sauce pan.
• Add extra virgin olive oil, and let sauce simmer over low heat for 35-40 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Serve over whole grain pasta and garnish with basil leaves.
• Tomatoes: Loaded with lycopene, a carotenoid that helps plants convert the sun's energy into nutrients, tomatoes have been shown to attack free radicals, reduce bodily inflammation, lower LDL cholesterol, improve immune function and increase blood flow.
• Spinach: Magnesium found in spinach dilates blood vessels, which helps enhance arousal for men and women. Spinach and other leafy greens are also excellent sources of folate, which has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and improve cognitive function.
• Walnuts: Seeds and nuts are not only powerful sources of fiber and protein, but they also contain high levels of monounsaturated fats, which the body's sex hormones need to thrive. In addition, studies show that walnuts, in particular, can enhance sperm vitality and motility.
• Basil: High in antioxidants and antibacterial properties, basil and other members of the mint family are loaded with vitamin A and magnesium. Basil also contains vitamin K, which can help prevent cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis.