Avocado Mint Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 bunches mint, about 2 cups packed
- ½ cup honey
- 2-3 large avocados
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. potato vodka (optional - this helps keep the ice cream softer when it is frozen)
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao nibs
- Heat the coconut milk, mint, honey or stevia, in a medium sized sauce pan, stirring until hot and steamy. Turn off the heat, cover, and let steep for 45 minutes.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits, scrape out the flesh and place in a food processor/blender along with the salt and potato vodka, if using. Pour the coconut milk mixture through a mesh strainer into the food processor or blender, pressing the mint against the strainer to squeeze out as much flavor as possible. Process until completely smooth, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Churn and freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Once the ice cream begins to reach the desired consistency, add the cacao nibs. Serve immediately or store in the freezer in a plastic or metal container.
Recipe courtesy of Joshua Weissman.