For a satisfying and guilt-free snack, try this recipe for beet chips!
- 2 large beets, thinly sliced
- Natural rice vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Placed sliced beets in a large pot, and add rice vinegar until beets are just covered. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and allow beets to soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Add olive oil to coat bottom of large skillet, add one sprig of rosemary and heat over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, carefully add beets in a single layer and fry until they begin to crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer chips to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat process until all beet slices are cooked. Add additional oil to pan, as necessary.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and remaining sprig of rosemary and serve warm.
To avoid the skillet, simply bake beet slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Beets are rich in essential vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, iron, and vitamins A, B and C, and they are particularly beneficial for pregnant women. Additionally, rosemary has been shown to reduce inflammation, increase blood flow and stimulate the immune system.
Source: Running to the Kitchen