Not a fan of vegetables? Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito has a delicious solution for you: his low-calorie, no-boil, mushroom lasagna recipe! Try it today!
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup chopped basil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 4 oz. (about 8 sheets) no-boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
• 10 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms
• 4 oz. white button mushrooms
• 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the inside of an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, basil, parsley and 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Mix with a spoon until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Line the bottom of the prepared baking pan with two lasagna sheets. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture so that the noodles are covered. Top with a layer of mushrooms. Repeat the procedure two more times. One the last layer, place two lasagna sheets on top of the mushrooms. Spread a layer of the remaining cheese mixture on top. Scatter the mozzarella and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.
4. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Raise the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. Uncover the dish and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.