Family medicine physician Dr. Rachael Ross heads into the kitchen with Robin Quivers to learn how to make some of the radio host's tried and true vegan holiday recipes from her new book, The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life. Brussels sprouts — the perfect autumn side dish — are seasoned with rosemary, bay leaf and olive oil, then roasted in the oven for a deep-down, caramelized flavor.
• 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and cut in half
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 1 bay leaf
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss all the ingredients together.
• Arrange them evenly on a baking sheet.
• Roast 25 minutes, giving the tray a good shake halfway through, or until the sprouts are fork-tender and golden brown.
• Discard the bay leaf and rosemary stems.