Hummus Deviled Eggs
- 10 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, chopped
- 2-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt for garnish
- Prepare a bowl of ice water and keep cool.
- Put eggs in a medium-size saucepan and cover with water by 2 inches. Brint to a boil over high heat (about 13 minutes). Turn off the heat and let sit for 14 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Cool eggs for 10 minutes. Remove shells when cool. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out yolk and reserve in bowl. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- In a blender or food processor (or with a lot of arm power!), combine yolk, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, coconut aminos, and vegetable broth until a thick paste forms.
- Put the yolk mixture in a piping bag or use a spoon. Pipe or spoon in the yoke hole with hummus mixture and sprinkle with paprika and salt if you choose.
Spaghetti Squash Topped With Mushrooms and “Cheez”
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, hulled
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and inner portions of squash. Season with salt and pepper, place both halves face-down on baking sheet. Roast for about 50 minutes at 375 degrees; the skin will soften and flesh will become translucent in color.
- While the squash is roasting, combine the potatoes, carrot, onion, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, about 12 minutes, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Reserve 1 cup vegetable cooking liquid. Drain vegetables.
- Once the vegetables are done put them in a blender with the 1 cup of reserved liquid. Add oil, cashews, macadamia nuts, hemp seeds, salt, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, black pepper, and cayenne. Blend until completely smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat. Cook the mushrooms in the skillet with oil; they will start to release their own juices. Continue cooking until browned. About 5 minutes.
- When the spaghetti squash is done and cooled, pulled the flesh from the inside with a fork and place in a bowl.
- Place the cooked spaghetti squash onto 4 serving plates, pour “cheez” on squash, and top with cooked mushrooms.
- Freeze leftovers for another time and cook fresh mushrooms.
Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup packed almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 5 tablespoons cold, unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce chopped dark 85% chocolate
- Generous pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Combine all the ingredients except chocolate in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate and enjoy!