Balance Me: Berries and Greens
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 small frozen banana
- 3 frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Power Up: 1 TBS of Watermelon seeds
- Place the filtered water, banana, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, almond butter, and chia seeds in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth.
- Dress with toppings, if desired.
Invigorate Me: Spanish Red Pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Himalayan or sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Power Up: Celery Leaves
- Place the tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, vinegar, oil, and lemon juice in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving.
Debloat me: Green Pea, Asparagus, and Parsley
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or avocado oil, Rachel’s new favorite)
- 1 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 6 cups frozen green peas
- 2 bunches asparagus (approximately 30-40), tough ends removed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Himalayan or sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Power Up: Watercress
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and sauté for 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the broth and and bring to a simmer. Stir in the peas and asparagus and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes longer.
- Carefully place half of the soup in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth, then return it to the pot.