Raw Zucchini Pesto Pasta
Zucchini Noodles Ingredients
- 3 medium-size zucchini, peeled into zucchini Noodles
- Spiralize the zucchini into curly or straight zoodles and place in a bowl. If you don’t have a spiral-izer, you can use a vegetable peeler to give you wide, fettuccine-like slices.
Walnut Basil Pesto Ingredients
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2⁄3 cup raw walnuts, ideally soaked in water overnight and drained
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the basil, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender, drizzling olive oil in as the mixture pulses, until it reaches a pesto consistency. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Mix the pesto with the zoodles, garnish with basil leaves, and serve.
Recipes courtesy of Daryl Gioffre.