- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley or basil or a mix, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice - fresh squeezed salt to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, toast the pumpkin seeds on your stove top. Heat a pan over medium heat, add the pumpkin seeds (no oil needed).
- Shake the pan around and stir regularly, so they don’t burn, for about 5-7 minutes. They will get a little puffed up and crunchy.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to a food processor or blender. Blend while slowly pouring in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides as needed. You can leave it a little chunky, or blend longer to make it a little smoother. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Spoon over roasted or steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, seafood, or pasta.