Pumpkin Quinoa Risotto
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2½ + ¾ cup veggie stock (divided)
- ½ sweet white onion, diced
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp salt + 1 pinch
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- Rinse quinoa well. Add to a pot on the stove, along with 2½ cups of veggie stock.
- Turn on the heat to high and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the stock has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, while the quinoa is cooking, dice half an onion. Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a sauté pan and turn the heat to medium to melt it.
- Add the diced onion to the pan, along with a pinch of salt. Sauté on medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent. Check the quinoa - it should be done now.
- Turn off the heat. Once the onions are also done, add those to the quinoa pot. Mix well. Keep the heat off.
- Back in the sauté pan, add 2 cups of pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp coconut oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp allspice.
- Mix together and cook, just until the pumpkin puree is warm. Once warm, add to the pot of quinoa, with another ¾ cup of veggie stock. Mix everything well and turn the heat on to medium low.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, just so everything’s at perfect eating/serving temperature. Then, eat/serve! (It’s nice garnished with parsley.)
Recipe courtesy of Talia Pollock.