The "Pretty in Pink" facial helps cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and fortify your skin, leaving your face feeling young and supple. The facial uses all-natural ingredients and costs less than $5!
• Guava fruit
• Plain yogurt
• Chilled grapefruit slices
• Fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
• Wash face with warm water
• Cut one ripe guava fruit into halves
• Remove seeds and cut the fruit into small pieces (Do not peel off the skin)
• Mix the guava and yogurt together to make a paste
• Using your fingers, rub the paste on your face in a circular motion
• Leave paste on for 10 minutes, then rinse the face with a warm cloth
• Dip a cotton ball in the grapefruit juice and lightly dab all over the face
• Do not rinse
• Let face dry and apply regular moisturizer
Guava fruit is an excellent natural source of astringents, agents responsible for shrinking tissues and dissolving oil. Guava is also a good source of potassium and vitamins A, B and C, which help keep skin glowing, fresh and wrinkle-free.
Grapefruits are loaded with citric acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, which helps exfoliate and loosen dead skin cells and polish dry skin. Grapefruits are also a natural astringent, which helps combat oily skin.
Plain low-fat or whole milk yogurt contains lactic acid, which softens the skin, reduces wrinkles and helps hydrate dry areas.