Enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe for a take-out classic tonight!
Makes 3 servings
393 calories per serving
• 2 medium zucchinis
• 2 large carrots
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
• 1 cup cauliflower florets (May use broccoli, if preferred)
• 1 cup bean sprouts
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1/2 cup fresh coriander or cilantro
• Optional: crushed peanuts
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 1/4 cup almond butter (or cashew butter, or blend of both)
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1/4 cup coconut aminos
• 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, or coconut crystals
• 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1. Use a spiralizer or mandolin to create noodles from the carrot and zucchini. Place them in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk sauce ingredients. Sauce will be thick, but will thin out after mixed with vegetables.
3. In a sauté pan, heat oil. Once hot, sauté cabbage, cauliflower and bean sprouts. When close to being done, add carrot and zucchini noodles to pan. Stir and cook until "noodles" are slightly heated through.
4. Pour sauce over mixture and toss until all combined. Garnish with coriander or cilantro and crushed peanuts.