Ninja Turtle or Princess Fettuccini
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight or in hot water for 1 hour)
- 4 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/4 cup parsley (reserve for last)
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried or 1 small bunch fresh basil
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- For Ninja Turtle pasta: add 1/2 cup spinach and 1/2 cup raw kale
- For pink princess pasta: add a small 2-3 inch steamed or roasted beet
- Toss all ingredients (except parsley) in a blender and blend until very smooth. I blend mine for a good 2-4 minutes on high. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour into a saucepan (on medium heat) continually stirring for a few minutes until sauce is heated through.
- Add parsley.
- If Alfredo is too thick, adjust by adding more non-dairy milk.
- Serve with cooked pasta of your choice, or use as a pizza sauce.
Invisible Noodle Bowls
- Glass noodles (aka Sweet Potato starch Noodles)
- Steamed Broccoli
- Steamed Baby Bok Choy (chopped)
- Raw Carrots (julienne) Raw Cucumber (julienne)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Garnishes- Sesame Seeds, diced tofu, chopped spinach, kimchi or lime juice
- 4-5 cups Water
- 1-inch Ginger (minced or grated)
- 2 Garlic cloves (grated)
- 1-2 Vegan Mushroom or Vegetable cube
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Salt (trust me on this)
- Optional- Nori pieces, (Smoked) or traditional Tofu
- Cook glass noodles according to the directions on the package, drain then rinse well in cool water.
- Toss in sesame oil or a neutral oil to prevent from sticking. I also take some kitchen shears and cut them because they are super long for kids.
- For the broth add water into a large pot on medium to high heat, add all ingredients and allow to simmer for a few minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Place noodles and veggies in bowl then pour 1-2 ladles of broth over. I find kids like less broth and more noddles.
- Garnish with above or desired toppings.