The Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien shares her recipe for Perfect Pizza-bella.
- 1 stick light string cheese
- 1 portobello mushroom, stem removed and reserved
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed tomatoes
- Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Break string cheese stick into thirds and place in a blender or food processor; blend at high speed until shredded. (Or pull into shreds and roughly chop.)
- Place mushroom cap on the sheet, rounded side down. Bake until slightly tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop mushroom stem. In a small bowl, stir into crushed tomatoes.
- Remove sheet, but leave oven on. Blot away excess moisture from mushroom cap.
- Evenly top mushroom cap with crushed tomato mixture, and season with spices. Sprinkle with cheese and, if you like, additional spices.
- Bake until mushroom is tender, tomatoes are hot, and cheese has melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes one serving.
100 calories, 3g fat, 263mg sodium, 8.5g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 10.5g protein