Healthy Chocolate Fudge Cake and Frosting
Makes a 2 layer 6 or 8-inch cake
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 2 cake pans with cooking spray or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl combine and mix the cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine and mix the honey, melted coconut oil, eggs and water.
- Next, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into the cake pans, and cook for 20-25 minutes, cake will be done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 and ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegan butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 and ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake is cooled, frost the top of one cake then lay the 2nd layer on top and frost the top and sides. Enjoy!
Recipes courtesy of Chef Jimmy