Mona's Ashram Soup Recipe
- 1 cup organic split yellow mung beans (Dahl)
- 1 cup organic white basmati rice 5-6 cups water or organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic spinach finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots finely chopped (small sweet potato also optional)
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp organic Ghee or coconut oil
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Soak lentils overnight or at least 30 mins before cooking. Rinse rice until it water runs clear.
- Put rice, mung beans, veggies and water in a pot and bring to boil. Once boiling, turn down to low/medium heat.
- In a separate frying pan, heat Ghee on medium heat, add spices, seeds, ginger and heat until spices become fragrant.
- Add ghee/spice mixture to rice/mung bean pot. Add salt to taste. Stir frequently and cook until texture is like porridge.
- Serve and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Mona's Morning Magic Smoothie
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup jicima, peel removed
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 2-Inch piece ginger
- 1 handful spinach (can add more too!)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- Add all ingredients, blend, and start your day!
Recipes courtesy of Mona Sharma.