Pressure Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup store-bought roasted tomato salsa or Salsa Ahumada
- 12 lettuce leaves of grain-free tortillas
- Cook in pressure cooker on high for 10-minutes.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 6 chiles de arbol, stemmed (pour out the seeds if you prefer a milder salsa)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it's sizzling hot, add the garlic and onions.
- Cook the garlic and onions for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned in parts and aromatic.
- Toss in the chiles. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. (You can use fewer chiles if you're afraid of the heat.)
- Add the vinegar and diced tomatoes with their juices, and bring the contents to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down (about 8-10 minutes).
- Turn off the stove, and transfer the contents of the skillet to a blender.
- Puree everything until smooth. Pause to scrape down the sides of the blender if necessary. Taste the salsa and adjust with more salt if needed.
Pressure Cooker Sunday Gravy
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet and/or hot Italian sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup Bone Broth or chicken stock
- 3 28-ounce cans whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 1 ½-pound flank steak, cut in half crosswise
- 2 pound boneless pork country-style ribs from the shoulder
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook in the pressure cooker on high for 50 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Kabocha and Ginger Pork
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and cut in half
- 4 cups peeled and seeded kabocha squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 small shallot, minced (about ½ cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Cook on high in the pressure cooker for 45-minutes.