- 2 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 Bunch of Kale, chopped
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon of Caraway Seeks
- ½ Teaspoon of Sea salt
- ¼ Teaspoon of Chili Flakes
- ¼ Cup Full-Fat Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 10-inch skillet, warm the coconut oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, caraway seeds, salt and chili flakes and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Carefully crack each egg into the green sauce, spacing evenly. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the egg whites solidify and the yolks are cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately.
Sticky Pomegranate Chicken Salad
- ½ Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate Molasses (or Maple Syrup or Honey), optional
- 4 Large Cloves of Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup of Ground Sumac
- 2 Teaspoons of Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 Cups of Raw Hazelnuts, chopped
- 8 Cups of Arugula
- 4 Cups of Cooked Puy or Green Lentils
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine the olive oil, tomato paste, pomegranate molasses, garlic, sumac, oregano, and chili flakes in a large bowl. Add the Chicken and turn to coat with the marinade. Add onions and mix in.
- Transfer the chicken and onions to a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned; a meat thermometer should read 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- To assemble the salad, in a serving bowl, toss together the arugula, lentils, a drizzle of olive oil, and the hazelnuts. Cut the chicken into ½ inch-thick slices. Top the salad with the chicken and onions and serve.
No-Bake Carrot Mini Cupcakes with Honey Vanilla Buttercream
Ingredients - “Buttercream”
- ½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons of raw Cashews
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of Canned Coconut Cream (unshaken so the cream and water are separated)
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of Raw Honey
- 1 ½ Teaspoon of Coconut Oil, soft but not melted
- ¼ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients - Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 Cups of Raw Walnuts
- 8 Medjool Dates, chopped, plus more if needed
- 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 ¼ Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Cardamom
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 ¼ Cups of Finely Grated Carrots, patted dry
- For the buttercream: Soak the cashews in water at least 3 hours or overnight. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Combine the cashews, lemon juice, coconut cream, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a blender and begin blending on low. Slowly increase the speed until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate while you work on the cupcakes.
- For the cupcakes: Pulse the walnuts, dates, shredded coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt in a food processor until the mixture holds together, about 3 minutes. If needed, add an extra date to help the mixture stick. Fold in the carrots by hand and combine well.
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners. Using 2 tablespoons per cupcake, scoop the batter into the liners and press firmly with fingers. Use a spoon to place a dollop of buttercream on each cupcake. Chill the cupcakes in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.