For a healthy and delicious breakfast option, try this burrito that you can prepare ahead!
Calories per serving: 261
- 12 eggs (6 with yolks, 6 without)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3/4 lb turkey sausage
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- In a bowl, crack the eggs one at a time, add the milk, and beat together with a whisk or a fork until they are fully incorporated.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the sausage, peppers, and onions until the sausage is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Turn the heat down to medium and add the eggs. Let the eggs cook for a minute or two.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and let rest for 20-30 seconds while the cheese melts.
- Spoon some of the sausage and egg filling in the center of a tortilla. Wrap up each tortilla burrito-style, with the sides folded in.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and then either wrap tightly in saran wrap.
- When ready to eat, remove wrap, cover with damp paper towel, and microwave for 90 seconds.
Source: Tone & Tighten