- 4 cups vegetables, diced into 1/2 inch pieces (use any combination of corn, jicama, tomatoes, garlic, red onions, bell peppers, chili peppers, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Dash chili powder
- Dash cumin
- Optional: dash (or more) of hot sauce
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Loaded Veggie Burger With Sauerkraut
- 1 veggie burger (Amy’s California Veggie Burger)
- Bubbies sauerkraut
- Regular or stone-ground mustard
- Canned tuna
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Whole grain bread
- For a quick lunch, have an Amy’s low-sodium California Veggie Burger topped with sauerkraut (I like Bubbies) and regular or stone-ground mustard. Or mix canned tuna with hummus, olive oil, and black pepper and spread open faced on a slice of whole-grain bread.
- Black or pinto beans
- Beanitos chips
- Shredded cheddar
- Greek yogurt
- For veggie nachos that are ready in a split second, sprinkle black or pinto beans straight from the can onto Beanitos chips. Top with shredded cheddar, salsa, guacamole, and a dollop of Greek yogurt. Voila—nachos!
Recipes courtesy of "Lose Your Belly Diet."