Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 3 tablespoons coconut syrup or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat over 180C (356F) and line a baking tray. Place hazelnuts on tray and rest for 8 minutes.
- Place in the centre of a clean tea towel and make a bundle around nuts, then rub on a benchtop to remove hazelnut skins.
- Place skinned hazelnuts into food processor and blend for 3 minutes or until a paste has formed.
- Add in cacao, coconut syrup, coconut oil and blend to combine.
- Add in water and salt and blend to for a smooth paste. Refrigerate until required.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before required to allow paste to soften. Store this in your refrigerator for 1 week.
Hazelnut Crunch Fudge
- 1 cup choc hazelnut spread (see previous recipe)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped hazelnut
- Place hazelnut spread and coconut in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a 10cm x 15cm plastic container with baking paper. Pour in fudge, and spread out evenly. Pour over extra hazelnuts and press into mixture.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- Once chilled, remove from tray and cut into 12 pieces.
- Keep these in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Store in your refrigerator for 1 week.
Sweet & Spicy Peanut Butter (N)Ice Cream
- 2 frozen banana, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Top with your favorite chopped nuts and an extra sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Serve immediately.
All recipes courtesy of Lorna Jane.