- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow glass dish or bowl, combine crushed garlic with coconut oil. In another small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces into garlic coconut oil, then into crumb mixture to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces into a lightly greased 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with remaining lemon pepper parmesan and bake uncovered for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jernard Wells