Beauty expert Kym Douglas shows how to make a healthier version of a delectable French dessert! Bon appétit!
- Three 6-oz. cups of plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of fruit preserves (apricot, raspberry or strawberry)
- 1 tablespoon organic stevia (* 2 tbsp. of brown sugar can be used as a substitute)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- 8 raspberries (or thin slices of apricot, peach or strawberry)
1. Preheat the broiler in your oven.
2. Mix stevia and pure vanilla extract into the fat-free Greek yogurt.
3. Cover the bottom of four 4-oz. ramekins with 2 tbsp. of fruit preserves.
4. Top fruit preserves with Greek yogurt mixture.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
6. Place each ramekin on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil until sugar caramelizes and turns slightly crusty (monitor closely to avoid burning).
7. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
8. Top each ramekin with fresh berry or fruit garnish and serve immediately.
• Get more of Kym's tips and recipes in her book, Bliss Happens.
Bliss Happens is published by Bird Street Books, Inc., which is owned by The Doctors' executive producer.
Source: Bliss Happens
by Kym Douglas
Copyright © 2012 by Bird Street Books, Inc.