Kimberly Snyder's Coconut Wow Cookies
- 2 cups KS Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour mix, baking soda, guar gum, coconut sugar, and sea
- salt. Make a well in the middle.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla, and almond
- milk, and stir well. Pour the liquid into the well in the flour mixture. Stir in the coconut flakes.
- Shape about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a ball and place it on the parchment-lined baking
- sheet. Gently flatten it with the palm of your hand so it pushes outward into a flat cookie shape.
- Continue until all the dough is formed into cookies, being sure to place them a few inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 13 to 14 minutes, until they are golden brown. Transfer them from the baking sheet to a wire rack and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
*Recipe courtesy of Kimberly Snyder