- Whole wheat tortilla
- 1 ounce shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup pre-washed spinach
- 2 ounces turkey (no nitrate)
- ½ cup black beans
- Top with salsa
- Greek yogurt dollop
- Sliced avocado
- Heat nonstick pan and spray with cooking oil, lay tortilla in pan and heat for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Evenly layer cheese, spinach and turkey on tortilla and let cook another minute.
- Fold tortilla in half, cook for 45 seconds and flip and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Microwave beans for 1 minute.
- Place tortilla on plate and let cool and serve with beans on side.
Chicken Nuggets and Fries
- Chicken nuggets (frozen from healthy brands)
- Prepare according to directions
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 whole sweet potatoes
- Cooking spray
- To taste sea salt
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes into thin (1/8 inch) strips.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray (generously) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp!
Ingredients to Avoid:
- Synthetic trans fats (anything that says partially hydrogenated)
- Artificial colors (such as red #40)
French Toast Sticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice Ezekiel bread (or whole grain)
- 4 strawberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Whisk eggs in small bowl. Pour into small pan.
- Place bread in pan and flip making sure entire bread covered in egg. Let soak for 30 seconds.
- Heat non-stick pan and spray with cooking oil.
- Place bread in pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes and flip halfway through.
- Remove bread, place on plate and top with strawberries and powdered sugar.
*Recipes courtesy of Keri Glassman