Coconut Pumpkin Custard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened, canned or fresh pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Prepare 8 custard cups
- Put 1-inch of water in a 9x11 baking pan, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs for 2 minutes until entirely uniform and foamy.
- Combine all ingredients in medium-sized bowl and blend using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the custard cups.
- Place the custard cups into the prepared 9x11 pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until custard tests done.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut evenly among cups.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato (make sure it is smooth)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (very soft or melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar (can use 5-6 tablespoons for a sweeter cake but I like it less sweet!)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, as topping (optional)
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350 F
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients one at a time in the order listed above.
- Scoop batter out evenly into a lined 12-cup muffin or cupcake pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- For the icing: Using a small saucepan, melt together the coconut oil and chocolate chips.
- Put in the fridge to cool and thicken for 20-25 minutes, then remove and stir.
- Dip cooled cupcakes (top down) into icing. Sprinkle tops with cacao nibs if using.
- Set in fridge.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 scoop Life's Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Recipes courtesy of Keri Glassman.