BREAKFAST: Cookies & Cream Smoothie
- 1 serving or (20 grams) chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp or 10 g of fiber flax or chia seeds
- Handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberry
- 6-8 ounces almond milk
- Place ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
LUNCH: Turkey-Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 (1-pound) delicata squash, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Rub the squash halves with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season the insides with salt and pepper. Set them cut-side up in a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the turkey, garlic salt, paprika, and cumin and cook until the turkey is cooked through(usually about 4-5 minutes), breaking it up as needed. Add the kale and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until softened.
- Take the pan off the heat. Stir in the tahini and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the turkey mixture among the squash halves (they should be generously full). Sprinkle with chives and serve a squash half to each person.
DINNER: Italian Butter Bean Bake
- 2 cans organic butter beans
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup pasta or marinara sauce
- ½ cup Basiltops vegan pesto
- 1 cup shredded cheese (vegan option: Daiya cheese)
- Rinse and drain butter beans
- In a pan on medium-high heat, sweat minced garlic cloves and sauté onions in olive oil. Stir continuously until onions are translucent and the garlic is aromatic
- Pour baked beans into sautéed pan and stir to warm. Allow onion, garlic, and olive oil to mix thoroughly with beans for 2-5 minutes
- Transfer beans to bottom of baking dish
- Cover with your favorite pasta or marinara sauce. Kelly recommends a flavorful pasta sauce with chunky tomatoes.
- Place spoonful sized toppings of pesto over the beans
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Place in broiler or oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
*Recipes courtesy of Kelly Leveque