It's Easy Being Green Smoothie Serves 1
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 packed cup torn spinach, lettuce, kale or other leafy greens. (tough stems removed.)
- Small handful of fresh mint
- 1 banana, including peel. (remove stem and bottom from peel)
- Handful of ice cubes
- After removing stem and bottom piece from banana peel, blend with water until smooth. *Very important to start with blending the peel!!!
- Add lemon juice, greens, and mint, and blend.
- Add banana and ice and blend again until smooth.
- *Best to blend from low speed to high speed with each new ingredient.
Recipe courtesy of The Doctors Diet Cookbook