Lisa Lillien, aka The Hungry Girl and best-selling author of Hungry Girl to the Max!The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook, makes The Doctors a tasty comfort food breakfast.
• 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 cup diced apple
• 1 no-calorie sweetener packet
• 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese (at room temperature)
• 1 light hot dog bun
• 2 teaspoons light whipped butter
• Optional Topping: sugar-free pancake syrup
1. In a wide bowl, mix egg substitute, vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, top apple with sweetener and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss to coat. Microwave for 1 minute or until softened. Mix in cream cheese.
3. Open the bun without separating the halves. Spoon apple mixture onto one half of the bun, and lightly press to seal. Slice into four nuggets.
4. Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat to medium-high. Add butter and let it coat the bottom of the skillet. Meanwhile, coat the nuggets on all sides with the egg mixture.
5. Cook nuggets, flipping occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
Serving size: 4 nuggets
• 206 Calories
• 4.5g Fat
• 533mg sodium
• 28.5g carbs
• 6.5g fiber
• 8.5g sugars
• 13.5g protein